From Ace Monster Toys Wiki
- We're called Ace Monster Toys (not Ace Monster Tools)
- Please check out http://acemonstertoys.org
- A "Lead" person for a piece of equipment serves as the point person for a specific duration of time (example: 3 months) or for a repair/upgrade initiative.
- All equipment Leads are responsible for documenting upgrades/repairs on the wiki. Maintenance logs may also come soon to this format.
- An equipment Lead does not have to be an expert with a piece of equipment/technology but if they are not they are responsible for coordinating/finding/inspiring such experts to insure the success of their endeavor with a upgrade/repair initiative. If they are taking the lead for maintenance they are responsible for getting the training needed to do so.
The point of all this documentation is so that all the good learning and experience can benefit AMT in perpetuity and capture the awesome effort put forth by an equipment lead.
- Equipment Leads dealing with repair initiatives should also be ready to update the group on a regular basis and when possible give rough timelines.
Note for equipment Leads:
- If your initiative requires parts that are attached to other pieces of equipment please do not scavenge them from existing equipment until you talk to either the Lead of that piece of equipment or asked on list.
- If your project requires $$$'s it should be approached much like our other acquisition efforts. You may find yourself in a holding pattern waiting for funding and like other problems your issue should be brought to the group and solutions will be sought, or an officer may authorize use of AMT funds.
- If your project requires expertise (professional or in house) first ask for it someone to do the specific task on list. Be sure to be specific and note the what, when, and how. Example: Can someone build a table with these dimensions (3.5' high, 1.25' deep, 5.5' wide) by July 15th using scrap wood in the shop?
Benefit of being an equipment Lead
I know if you have read this far you are asking yourself "Why should I step up?". Here are just a few of the benefits:
- Equipment upgrade/repair/maintences is another just another hacking project, if you didn't love those you wouldn't even be reading this.
- You will be admired for all when you succeed! Hell just admired for all the effort you put in. And there will be cake.
- This is a great opportunity to learn new things including communication skills
- .Having working well loved equipment makes the space a better more positive space for you to enjoy.
This is a list of the Tool Leads. These people are not responsible for all of the work on our big tools but they are the point people, where the buck stops, for making sure their tool works, is being maintained, and keeping an eye on it or work on it progressing. When someone has questions about their tools, they are the people to ask. Ace Monster Toys is completely volunteer run...so that means we need YOU to volunteer to be the person in charge of things! It doesn't mean you have to do all the work, you can convince others to help you, but you're the one that should know what's going on. So if you see any blank spots below, please step up! If you feel like something is not getting taken care of quick enough, talk to the person below and ask if they'd like to abdicate their position to you!
List of Epic Tools
Please see Tool Stewards for current leads.