New Member Handbook
Welcome! This ever evolving handbook was designed to help new members get the most out of joining the AMT community. Comming soon will also be monthly orientations for new members.
- AMT Sends out regular billing, newsletters and direction communications to members. Please set up filters on your email so that things from @acemonstertoys.org do not get lost or go to spam.
- Read this post about how communications work at ATM.
- Join the Ace Monster Toys Slack Team
- You have been automatically added to the member newsletter email list. (see note about filters)
- We have shared credentials on the AMT Handshake page for logging in to shared platforms.
- Help keep this wiki accurate and up-to-date. Make the next new member's life easier by editing the wiki
What is expected of you as a member
- You pay your dues on time
- You pay our bills on time
- You contrubute to the space through some kind of volunteer activity (Read more about types of volunteering big and small)
- You stay aware of all the use policies about the space
- You maintain the social contract as expressed via the membership agreement
Your member profile
- We have an member directory designed to help you introduce yourself and connect with members. You will need to update your profile. You should update this in the first week or so after joining.
- Learn more about the member directory
How billing works
- We offer a variety of perks at AMT including the honor bar for coffee and snacks and we also bill for any laser fees monthly.
- Please pay your bills promptly. Not paying your bills or making arrangements with the treasurer is considered breaking the membership agreement.
- Lockers and membership are handled on the website.
How certification works
We have several tools that requires certification before use.
- CNC Router - Take the two day class. If you don't see the class on the schedule speak to the steward.
- Laser Cutter - Take the 101 class scheduled several times a month
- Band Saw - Take the class OR if you have experience with this tool request certification from one of the the 'shop certifiers - slack or email [email protected]
- Table Saw - Take the class OR if you have experience with this tool request certification from one of the the 'shop certifiers - slack or email [email protected]
- Jointer - Take the class OR if you have experience with this tool request certification from one of the the 'shop certifiers - slack or email [email protected]
- Planer - Take the class OR if you have experience with this tool request certification from one of the the 'shop certifiers - slack or email [email protected]
- 3D Printers - take the class, sheduled every two weeks. Slack a message on #3D Printing if you can't make it to the class.
How trash and cleaning works
- AMT does not have trash service. While co-working has the capacity for small trash (wrappers, etc) none of the shops or laser have that capacity. You need to pack out your big waste materials. There are trash bag dispensers in every room to make this easy
- Please clean up after yourself. While we do have a cleaner who dusts and mops floors every once in a while, we rely on members for day-to-day tidying.
- Leave it better than you found it.
How to get / give training
- Classes at AMT are held by volunteers
- If you are interested in a class not on the schedule find two or three other people who also want to learn it and contact the volunteer teacher and see if they will give a class.
- You can also ask if a more experienced person would be willing to let you shadow while they do the thing
- To teach a class contact the steward or the president and they will help you schedule and promote what you would like to teach
- AMT members have unlimited guest privigles
- Your are responsible for all your guests and making sure they follow the membership agreement and other rules
- You must be here when your guests are here (no leaving them in the space)
- Do not give them the building door code
- They MUST sign a release of liability before doing anything here... even logging into the wifi
- Minors must have a release signed by a parent or guardian.
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Well behaved dogs are welcome.
How Storage and Tools Works
- You can only store your projects / materials in the designated areas
- If you need to let something big dry over night work with the steward to find a good place for very short terms storage
- Always let people know if you have to leave something out
- Read the details here:
How to lose your priveliges
Current policy around warning, suspensions and revocations is under development. In the mean time here are the base guidelines: