New Laser Proposal
Our current laser is starting to fail and will require significant rehab to stay viable - such rehab will require signficant down time.
We have the opportunity to get a newer version of our laser for approximately 3K in expenses.
- The new laser is 120 watts
- 1300 x 900 mm bed
- New controller
- It is currently locacted in a space I acquired on Murray street for rehab and Terry E. owns it.
The plan is to rehab the laser in that space, then swap it out for our existing laser.
Funding - This proposed budget has been reworked the budget based on some likely outcomes to fund this project. It is detailed here (see change log).
Timeline - Swap out the weekend of Sept 4th ... so an ambitious timeline
Rehab resources - We will need the following rehab rerouces
- A person or team to build a new fob box
- Time to work on the controller
- A team to clean the laser (so dirty)
- A team to work on the mechanicals and ensure safety (rehab the z, test/repair interlock, safety disconnect switch, etc)
- Minor parts like belts needed
- Truck rental/possibly movers
- optical alignment, mirror cleaning.