Asset Number: AMT001
Notice: The laser section of the AMT wiki is currently being redesigned. Chime in on the laser channel to participate and create the new and improved laser wiki section.
This is a portal page for all things laser. Topics have been split up into 3 categories:
- User Information - Category: Laser User Guides - Information geared toward users
- Maintenance Information - Category: Laser Upkeep- Information for folks who maintain the laser, including logs
- HIstory, resources, and archives - Category: Laser Resources - History and old information kept for archive purposes plus reference information
The laser has a temporary fix implemented. IT IS VERY DELICATE.
If you see any of the following put the broken sign on the laser and report it on Slack
The medium-term plan is to replace the head.
We have ordered a new head but it is coming from China. The best estimate is the parts will be here on the 12th. Then we have to install it.
The long-term plan is to buy a new laser.
We have run this one well past its duty cycles. A new laser that is suitable for community use is going to run between 12k and 16k. We will have to raise approximately 50% to 100% of that in donations or laser income before we can purchase a new laser. Donate here.
- The laser costs money to use - .25¢ a min. firing time
- Using the laser requires certification
- Only members can use the laser
- There is a nifty binder in the room with additional helpful information
- Laser Certification Test
|Maintenance 'Information'||History, Resources and Archives|
You can also find links to all things laser related on the laser category page