How to make asset labels
From Ace Monster Toys Wiki
We make asset labels in batches 2 or 3 times a year or when we take in loaner equipment.
Make/Get a Label - Use any means of printing at your disposal
- There is a Dymo Label printer attached the computer on the member services desk (next to the stairs in the Clean Fabrication room). You can use that to generate a label with a QR code and a "Property of AMT" note.
- Using the URL from the speadsheet go to a QR Code generator and get a QR code image file
- In any program of your choosing (google docs works) make a label with the QR code, asset number and the text "Property of Ace Monster Toys"
- The computer at the member services desk has a label design program called "DYMO Label Software" with our template set up
- Exception. If the tool is on loan to AMT make sure it says "Property of [Name]" but otherwise the process is the same.
- Print it out
- Using your imagination and tape apply it to the machine in an obvious way
- What must be on the label
- You can also print the information on regular paper and affix it with packing tape.