From Ace Monster Toys Wiki
- How is AMT run?
- Full Members elect the Board of Directors once a year. The Board appoints Officers, who run the organization.
- How do I become a member?
- Click here for more information on becoming a member.
- How much does it cost to be a member?
- It is very affordable. Learn about our levels of membershipand check out the membership agreement.
- Who can come work on projects at AMT?
- Members and anyone accompanied by a member.
- Can I store stuff at AMT?
- Yes, if you are a member you can store your project materials in a labeled bin you provide at AMT. Storage does not include work surfaces. Clearly marked shelving should be used. Only clearly marked shelving.
- Lockers are available to members for a small fee. If you are a member you can log into the site and choose Membership Add-on's to select locker rental.
- If you are not a member, please do not leave your project here. It may be "salvaged", aka thrown away and/or turned into robots.
- See the Storage Policy for more details.
- Who cleans up at AMT?
- Everybody. When you work on a project you should be leaving the space just a little bit better than you found it. We also organize a day every so often to clean and improve the space. We have no trash service and you will be expected to pack out all of your trash. Yes, all of it.
- Are kids welcome at AMT?
- Supervised children are welcome. But keep in mind if the adult supervising the child is not a member you will also have to have a member accompaning them. Use you our common sense when bringing children to the space. This is a working space with lots of dangerous equipment.
- A release of liability will have to be signed off by a parent even though the child is supervised. There is no childcare provided.
- Who can use the equipment at AMT?
- Experienced people with common sense who clean up after themselves. Some equipment, like the Laser Cutter, requires that you get a little training. See the Complete List of Tools Requiring Certification
- Who is in charge of equipment at AMT?
- Major equipment may have an Equipment Lead (aka Tool Steward) that serves as the point person for a span of time or for a repair/upgrade initiative. Smaller tools are maintained by the users as we should all be leaving things a little better than we found them.
- How to use this wiki?
- Common things like logging in, adding links, video and so on are detailed here. Go there for AMT wiki specific answers.