The folks that run marketing for AMT use an editorial calendar to plan what to promote when.
We promote and communicate to these main groups most of the time
- Nextdoor.com - This is new. Mostly we want to use this for class promotion in the neighborhood. This is done on Crafty Rachel's account
- Members Newsletter (2-4 times a month) - This goes out only to active members and is used mostly to communicate neat stuff or information about how the org is working
- Public Newsletter (1-2 times a month) -
- Facebook - Blog posts automatically go out but we want to get nice class and event promotions up as well 2x a month
- Twitter - Class promotions and other cool stuff
- Direct Email - Sometimes we send a special letter or message out to a group of folks... like all the full members, or all the stewards or all the provisional members.
Are you a member, steward, officer or director with a message that needs to go out? Rad! There are two ways to do it.
- Drop your topic on the editorial calendar and send the marketing person your text and images. (as of 12-24-16 that person is Crafty Rachel)
- Request access to the tools and platforms we do this stuff on... hootsuite, mailchimp, etc. and go to town and do your thing. - Make sure you follow the membership agreement and review the vision and values / mission statement to make sure your message tone doesn't contradict that stuff. And you may consider following communication best practices.