Becoming a Member
From Ace Monster Toys Wiki
Read about membership types are rates before proceeding.
Read the Membership agreement and get a good Read some stuff on the wiki, particularly this page, and understand our behavior guidelines.
- Abide by all the equipment use rules... Example you must be signed off on the laser in order to use it.
- Find and follow checklists of actions for things like being the last person to leave or first person to enter.
- Pay your dues once a month. If your dues lapse your fob will automatically be turned off after the grace period.
- Find and follow any use rules posted in the space.
- Don't be a dick.
- No. Really. It sounds simple but we are an inclusive organization and run with respect as the model.
Step 2 - Signing Up
Congratulations! You've decided joining us in our quest for crazy contraptions and maker hacker good times.
1. Sign up for an account on acemonstertoys.org
2. Arrange for payment of dues at acemonstertoys.org/membership once you have logged in
3. Do the Paperwork
- Media:AMT_Liability_Release.odt.pdf All visitors and guests who intend to use any of the equipment at AMT are required to sign the liability release form.
- Media:AMT_Emergency_Contact.odt.pdf Optional but recommended, please file an emergency contact form so we know who to call when you're on the way to the hospital.
- Scan or photograph the signed forms and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your Ace Monster Toys website account name in that email.
- Put forms in the ‘File Server’ (the pink cabinet upstairs). in the manila folder marked "Unsorted New Member Forms"
4. Acquire and activate a RFID Key
- Get a full member or officer to give you your RFID key.
- Swipe it on the RFID reader outside of the main door, and make a note of the exact date and time you did so.
- E-mail mailto:email@example.com with your WEBSITE ACCOUNT NAME, PAYMENT EMAIL ADDRESS, and DATE/TIME RFID swiped, as well as the email address you sent your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to include ALL information will result in a delay of your account activation!
Congratulations, you are now a provisional member. An officer will respond to you within 1-3 days confirming that your RFID has been activated and give you the outer door code.
At our next quarterly meeting (every three months), we vote dues-current provisional members who have been members in good standing for at least 30 days in as full members.
Step 3. Admin Instructions
An Admin is required to link the RFID fob to the Drupal account in order to activate the user's keyfob, then the admin should provide the front door code to the new member.
- Log in to the AMT Member interface - Note that this has a separate username/password that the website sysadmin (Drew) must set up for you separately from the Drupal account.
- Open the RFID Log link in a new window. Find the entry at the date/time specified by the user. For a new/unrecognized RFID tag, the userID, username, and user email columns will be empty. Copy the hexadecimal code from the RFID column for the new RFID key for that user.
- Click the list recent payments link from the and find the user's payment. Click the "D" link to go to the Drupal page for that user.
- Login to the AMT website using your AMT account (if you are not already logged in). Click the "Edit" tab then the "Personal Information" sub-tab. Find the RFID Code text box.
- Paste the RFID code you copied earlier; ensure that Membership Status is set to the correct membership status (usually "Provisional" for non-full members). Ensure that the new user has signed the membership agreement and liability wavers.
- Click "Save" at the bottom
- Inform the new member that their keyfob will be turned on within a few hours and tell them the front door code.
Printable version of this page for creating new member handouts - This PDF should be printed on 11×17 paper, double sided and folded in half. Then print the 3 forms (Membership, Emergency, and Waiver) and place them inside.