Becoming a Member
Read about membership types are rates before proceeding.
Read the Membership agreement. Read some stuff on the wiki, particularly this page, and understand our behavior guidelines.
- Abide by all the equipment use rules... Example get certified on the table saw before use
- Find and follow checklists of actions for things like being the last person to leave or first person to enter.
- Pay your dues once a month. If your dues lapse your fob will automatically be turned off
- Find and follow any use rules posted in the space.
- Don't be a jerk.
- No. Really. It sounds simple but we are an inclusive organization and run with respect and transparency as the model.
Step 2 - Signing Up
Congratulations! You've decided joining us in our quest for crazy contraptions and maker hacker good times.
1. Sign up for an account on acemonstertoys.org
2. Arrange for payment of dues at acemonstertoys.org/membership once you have logged in
3. Get the email and follow the instructions for doing Paperwork (hard copies available on site if you are in the space when you sign up)
- Liability Release All visitors and guests who intend to use any of the equipment at AMT are required to sign the liability release form.
- Emergency Contact Optional but recommended, please file an emergency contact form so we know who to call when you're on the way to the hospital.
- Take a picture of the signed forms and email them to email@example.com. Include your Ace Monster Toys website account name in that email.
- Put forms in the ‘File Server’ (the pink cabinet upstairs). in the manila folder marked "Unsorted New Member Forms"
4. Acquire and activate a RFID Key
- Pick Up an RFID at the member services desk
- Email the number on the fob envelope to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org .Failure to include ALL information will result in a delay of your account activation!
Congratulations, you are now a provisional member. An officer will respond to you within 1-3 days confirming that your RFID has been activated and give you the outer door code.
At our next quarterly meeting (every three months), we vote dues-current provisional members who have been members in good standing for at least 30 days in as full members.
Step 3. Admin Instructions
An Admin is required to link the RFID fob to the Drupal account in order to activate the user's keyfob, then the admin should provide the front door code to the new member.
- Get the email to officers@
- Verify that the paper work was recieved @docs
- Log in to the Dashboard of the website as an admin
- Go to the new order for the new member
- Access the member account and add the following information
- RFID number
- Date of membership information (including form submission)
- Change WP role to Author (this task is pending automation)
- Go back to the new order for the member and mark it complete. The system will automatically send the new member an email wiht the door code and all kinds of jucie information.
Printable version of this page for creating new member handouts - This PDF should be printed on 11×17 paper, double sided and folded in half. Then print the 3 forms (Membership, Emergency, and Waiver) and place them inside.